Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grow your own Food?

Anyone here on the Front Range who wants some veggie plants, let me know! I'm starting my seeds now, and I LOVE to find good homes for good plants! Free healthy plants, no commitment needed: If they don't look good or you can't take them come May, I won't be offended if you don't want any! But I started WAY too many tomatoes last year and then struggled to place them all, so I'm not going to grow extras unless people want me to!

Short list:
Cherokee Purple and Old German heirloom tomatoes
Windowbox Roma hybrid tomatoes
Japanese and "Twinkle" small-sized eggplants
Poblanos/Anchos and mild Jalapeno peppers
Broccoli

Some winter squashes and melons will be started in compost "pots" later on, to help lengthen our short season.

I also have a lot of strawberry plants, a local variety originally from a farmer's market that I've been growing in large pots for 3 years now. Seriously, I have 8 planters full, and at least 3 of them need to be emptied so I'd like to see them planted elsewhere!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment