Sunday, January 25, 2009

Too Good not to Link!

Okay, I was trying to not post recipes here that aren't my own because that gives me more motivation to actually type up my archives, but these meatballs were just too good not to link!

Seriously.

It makes a big batch, but that's good since it is time-consuming and they'll keep forever in the freezer. I thawed the last of mine out for lunch the other day and ended up eating them the next day for breakfast, too! They're just so tasty! Also, since veal is pricey and harder to find: I bought the 1.5 lbs of beef at the counter, so I wouldn't have any left over. Then instead of 1.5 lbs of ground veal and 1.5 lbs of ground pork, I did 2 lbs of pork and 1 lb of veal since the packages only come in 1 lb increments. I think the flavor and texture were both pretty well maintained this way. Previously I've replaced the half pound of veal with beef, but that made the meatballs a little dry and a lot less flavorful.

A lot of the meatballs crumbled once I added them to the sauce, but it was still absolutely delicious that way! I think keeping them really small would help prevent that in the future, but you'll see that there are almost too many meatballs to fit into the sauce anyways so making it meat sauce with meatballs works out well!

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend! We're currently getting some lovely champagne powder down here, so I'm wishing I'd gone up skiing instead of working on these stupid lab reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment