Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to Squirrel Kabobs!

As I said before, "It seems like everyone I know wishes they ate at home more, feels like they would save a lot of money by cooking, and yet draws blanks about what to make! I, for one, have a few easy staples, some more complicated stuff for nights in, and some massive quantity recipes I make and freeze, but it's not a lot of variety! I've been thinking a lot about typing up my favorite recipes, with the changes I always make, so I can stop making hand written copies or telling people the jist over the phone. I'm also getting a kick out of answering cooking questions at midnight over the phone for a couple of you, but I think multiple answers from multiple people might be better :-) And then I might get my chem homework done more often..."

So, this is a blog to:
- post successful recipes and meal ideas
- share pantry stocking ideas/ money saving grocery tips
- ask for and give cooking tips
- food questions, such as "I have frozen beef, tequila, and some zucchini my aunt gave me- now what?"
- talk about eating preferences and how to make them work, such as, "My sister just became vegan and I'm not even sure I know what that means!" or "I'm vegan, and my sister keeps trying to serve me omelets!"
- anything else we want to use it for, given our hectic lives and desire to cook more!

If you want to be added as a team member, put it in a comment at any point and I will add you! If you just want to follow along for a while, please feel free to comment as desired. If you don't know how to get set up on blogger, leave your e-mail address and I can help you out!

Cheers!

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me! I'm a follower ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to plunder my brother's mind for recipes, and a few friends too. THIS will get me back into creative cooking. As opposed to the utilitarian approach I've used over the last year which was seriously lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Tyler! First to co-author!

    Thanks for following, Tanya! First Follower! I hope you'll co-author some, too!

    ReplyDelete